Disorderly Conduct

Most often, drunk and disorderly is charged as a first-class misdemeanor carrying penalties of up to 12 months in jail and/or a fine of up to $2,500. While these consequences are severe, a convicted individual must also deal with the ramifications of having a criminal record. This record might limit an individual's educational or employment opportunities in the future. You need a skilled attorney who will fight to protect your future.

At Ronald E. Smith, P.C., our Fairfax disorderly conduct lawyer has extensive experience shielding clients from the criminal justice system. We understand the impact a criminal conviction can have on nearly all aspects of an individual's life. With that in mind, we carefully develop an effective strategy to minimize the potential consequences. Count on our firm for personal attention throughout the duration of your case.

Disorderly Conduct Can Be Tied to Numerous Actions

Disorderly conduct typically involves an individual causing public annoyance and alarm. In other words, these cases are related to actions which could lead to a breach of the peace. We will thoroughly examine the police report and interview witnesses. We strive to present a more balanced assessment of the offense than the police and complaining witnesses have advanced.

Disorderly conduct can be tied to numerous actions, including:

  • Abusive or indecent language in a public place
  • Abusive or indecent gestures in a public place
  • Fighting with another person or persons in a public place
  • Discharging a firearm
  • Looking into a dwelling for a lewd or unlawful purpose

A significant portion of these cases is alcohol or drug related. With this in mind, we attempt to address the underlying issues and provide our clients with a list of options for help as they struggle through dependency issues.

Contact Us

If you have questions regarding criminal defense and disorderly conduct, we are prepared to stand up for your rights. Contact Ronald E. Smith, P.C., by calling 703-539-5825 or by completing our online contact form. For your convenience, we offer free initial telephone consultations.